philippe_44 wrote:
> Just got an SB3 with firmware 222. I've never heard about anything
> beyond 137, but a bit of search told me that this is a special FW which
> would explain why it wants to connect to tkmclassic.com (which fails of
> course). But a long press to brightness does not do a FW upgrade ...
> just cycle through brightness
>
> [edit]: while it tries to connect to tkmclassic.com, if I long press
> brightness, it cycles through but tries to do something. Unfortunately I
> immediately have a "update_begin: bad state"
> [edit2]: it's part of batch I got and it seems that they are all in the
> same state. They also cannot connect of WiFi: they list SSID, then when
> selecting one, they reset (at least tried on 2). Might be 2 faulty
> wireless cards, but it looks more like this 222 firmware is locking
> other things
> [edit3]: seems to be that
> https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?100917-SB-Classic-won-t-connect-to-Wifi-or-LMS/page2
> but I can't get it to downgrade to 137. Wondering how the OP did

Did you try to connect it directly to LMS?

Did you read the other thread located within that thread?
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?95025-Proprietary-SB3-Firmware-quot-Turnkey-Media-Solutions-quot/page4

Also, to use it with MySB, you'll need to email Michael Herger to have
the MAC address removed from the database so it can be re-registered to
your account.

This is all news to me - I've bought at least a 2 dozen SB3/Booms off of
eBay and this is the first I've heard of this - good to know! ;)

*Player: *1 x Transporter w/Trans-knob, 2 x Touch (Active, 3 x Spares),
4 x Boom (Active, 9 x Spares)
*Server: *1 x Win Server (ESXi 6.x) w/LMS, 1 x HP 24" Touch Screen PC
w/LMS & SqueezePlay
*Control: *4 x w/iPeng, 1 x Samsung Note 4, 3ea x Fire 7", 8” tablets, 1
x 10" all w/SqueezeCtrl & Player (Angry Goat)
*Audio: *Mark Levinson 23.5 Amp, 380s Pre, 390s CD, B&W 801 II, Acoustic
Energy AE-2 signature, SOTA Sapphire table

Computer geek/tech hoarder(!), and DAMN I love the LMS/Squeeze
infrastructure!