I too had been struggling with my Duet and controller. And the thought
of finding something usable on Sourceforge that a person of my skills
could use was daunting, to say the least. Long story short - I unzipped
the .apk file from Sourceforge, installed File Commander on my Samsung
phone (Android 8) and copied the apk to a new folder I created in the
main memory. A tap on the file brought up the Android prompt to allow
installation, and in went Squeeze Config. I put the SB receiver into
discovery mode (flashing red light), opened Squeeze Config - and up
popped the Receiver on the menu. I merely switched the connection method
to LAN, accepted all the other defaults, and was instantly re-connected.
Wonderful! Thanks so much.

Digital: Squeezebox Duet Receiver - Yamaha RX-V2700 and Jamo speakers
Analogue: Speakercraft MZC-66 for whole house system
Logitech Music Server: 7.9 running on VortexBox 2.3 (built on an elderly
Dell PC)
Library: External USB drive
Ethernet: Squeezebox Receiver
Wifi: Duet controller