Redrum wrote:
> I use media monkey for ripping, tagging and organization, adding
> artwork, etc. Rip to FLAC using MM, make sure the artist tag matches the
> others for the same artist (e.g you don't have "Beatles" and "The
> Beatles" with some associated with each). Once it looks good and is in
> it's right place, it's ready for a LMS scan. Not sure its the best thing
> to do, but it's what I adopted when I got my first duet and started the
> process of ripping the 100's of CD's
>
> Understand your second point. Right now I am looking into "Sync Toy"
> with the thought of maintaining the "working library" on the PC, and
> mirroring it to the pi HDD's. The process being: rip to PC library (or
> download), clean up in MM -> run sync toy (update pi LMS library) ->
> rescan LMS. I could then have the computer backup to the external HDD as
> usual.
>
> Unfortunately, Sync toy being new to me, it doesn't see the LMS HDD,
> even though windows does:
> 26539
>
> so, I have to work through this...
>
> Thanks for your input!
> Jim

Media Monkey - that will be fine if you “map the network drive” to say
M: (for music)

SyncToy also needs a mapped drive to see the share.

If it’s W10 then in Windows Explorer go to This PC then on the second
tab you’ll find “map network drive”

\\ipaddress of Pi\sharename

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng