My understanding is that Logitech no longer supports, or upgrades, LMS,
and that although Michael is employed by Logitech, his work on LMS is
entirely unofficial and is just his own personal interest. If I've
misunderstood, I'm sure Michael will correct me, but that's the way I've
interpreted the situation.

7.7.x still is considered "officially supported". This means that it does see updates in case of security issues, or improved compatibility with eg. new Windows builds. But most of the development (in particular new features) only goes in to the 7.9.x branch. And this branch is the "community supported" code.

Only a few weeks ago I actually got feedback from a user who successfully resolved an issue with the help of our tech support!

--

Michael