On 11/19/05, Pat Farrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That is lower than I expected, for a serious system.

I was surprised too. I'm using a cheap Radio Shack clamp meter, but I
tried it on a 40W table lamp and it read just over 0.3 A as expected.

> Any idea how much difference actively driving two or three disks
> drives would add?

I did some Googling, and apparently they're generally in the 10-15
watt range. Not too bad.

> The Via EPIA stuff is very cool, draws next to nothing.
> Kinda pricy, but just the thing for a media computer.

They aren't that bad in terms of absolute price; VIA's
motherboard/proc combos are usually $100-200, and you can get a
complete system in the $400 range. The price/performance is low
though.

- Jacob