Paul Webster wrote:
> I suspect that @bpa will have best ideas for this.
>
> I just tried it (from outside UK) and logs show

Code:
--------------------
mp4 playback for [http://bauerod.sharp-stream.com/scala/Scala-Mon-2100.m4a]
--------------------

> So I suspect it needs a tweak to associate the data type with ffmpeg
> or similar.

This is a streamed MPEG4  service. The normal LMS transcoder "faad" can
handle MPEG4 files but not MPEG4 streams.
Player like squeezelite (and possibly Touch/Radio) can  play the MEG4
stream natively  but older player such as SB3, Classic, Receiver,
Trasnporter and Boom - need a transcoder other than faad.

A custom-convert.conf file with the following rules should work for
Linux system.  Windows is a bit different.  Not sure about OSX.  Below
has ffmpeg but if your distro has avconv - change the ffmpeg to avconv

Code:
--------------------

  mp4 mp3 * *
  # FRB:{BITRATE=-B %B}T:{START=-ss %s}
  [ffmpeg] -loglevel quiet  -f mp4 -i $FILE$ -f wav - | [lame] --silent -q
$QUALITY$ $BITRATE$ - -

  mp4 pcm * *
  # FRB:{BITRATE=-B %B}T:{START=-ss %s}
  [ffmpeg] -loglevel quiet  -f mp4 -i $FILE$ -f u16le -

  mp4 flc * *
  # FRB:{BITRATE=-B %B}T:{START=-ss %s}
  [ffmpeg] -loglevel quiet -f mp4 $START$ -i $FILE$ -f flac -