I've been using my own version of tagging for classical music. Composer
is artist and album is work. For album/work I add hyphen and then the
actual performers (conductor, ensemble, artists, singers,...). Obviously
this method is not nice for compilations with partial works, but for
those I add "(excerpts)" to the album. Also aria albums (and other
compilations containing tracks from multiple composers) are problematic,
for those I sometimes use singer or performer as artist. What I really
miss is an easy way to listen the actual original album in its entity.
An easy fix for that would be getting a link in the track view to go to
the original folder. Once I planned to code that myself, but I haven't
had time to learn the methods used in server software.