Redrum wrote:
> No on the internal IP addresses, what shall I ask him for? shall I get a
> screenshot of, say ipconfig?
>
> I suppose I could install LMS and give him a "library" of a few CD's
> worth of music and ask him to test. If it doesn't crash while playing
> the library wifi probably ok.
>
> Also, I suppose I could have him run a long ethernet cable (his router
> is in the back of the house, audio eqmt in the front), or, I could loan
> him a radio or boom to hook via ethernet and see if it's wifi...
>
> You also suggest network diagnostics, any tools, guidelines, etc I can
> follow to pinpoint? I have fairly limited IT experience, but know how to
> debug.
>
> Thank you
> Jim

Find the IP address of the Radio - I can't remember how you do it but
I'm sure there is a menu option in the Radio that shows you.
When the connection fails run a ping from your friends PC to the radio

Start / Run / Cmd
ping 192.168.1.x or whatever the Radio is
if it responds then you know the wi-fi is up
if it fails then the Radio has probably lost wi-fi connection

Then ping www.bbc.uk
If it responds then you know the Internet is up
If it doesn't respond it could only be DNS that is failing so

Then ping 212.58.249.212
This is a BBC server address
If that works but www.bbc.co.uk fails then it is DNS

DNS will almost certainly be handled by your friends router

Based on what you have said it could be any one or all of the three
issues but it definitely is not a mysb.com issue.

Are you able to advise ...

The ISP ?
The make & model of the Router ?

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng