w3wilkes wrote:
> Dumb question... With the mesh network have you tried restoring the SD
> card image like you did when you went back to the Airport Extreme?

I haven't done that.  I reasoned that that would just put me back to the
same place that I started.  My backed-up image contains all the
information about my original wifi hardware, so just works as soon as I
power it up, provided I'm using the Airport Extreme.  At that point, if
I switch the Airport Extreme for the mesh AP, that's where I was when I
first noticed the problem.  If I re-image again while the new mesh AP is
running, the image would still know all about the Airport.  A fresh pCP
image might be worth trying though - one that doesn't know anything
about my Airport.

I can see an evening of testing coming up.  It's always the same - any
new piece of network kit *always* ends up in at least one evening, and
often two, of pulling my hair out before peace and tranquility
eventually return.