stuorguk Wrote:
> For me, Ogg Vorbis is my encoder of choice for audio books and other
> vocal material.  For this, I would love to have the ability to FF&Rew.
> Meny podcasts are now availabe in ogg and mp3, but I always go for mp3
> because of this issue.
>
> Stuart.

I'm sure this has come up on the developers' list at some point, but
FF/REW not working for transcoded formats is a probably fixable
limitation - it stems mainly from the fact that we can't seek when
reading a stream of output from the decoder. We would need more smarts
to seek in the source file and re-launch the decoder for each segment.

--
seanadams