mandryka wrote:
> 1. Are some SD cards less reliable than others? I wonder if mine failed
> because I have a bad quality card.

I've had at least two of the better known brands (Samsung, SanDisk) fail
on me. When I looked around for allegedly more reliable ones, I found
Transcend High Endurance and have used nothing else for years now. Not a
single one has failed.

Of course this is ONE person's experience and it's possible I was just
unlucky with the other cards followed by getting lucky with the
Transcend. But at this point the price difference is sufficiently
uninteresting to make me want to stick with alleged high-endurance
cards. They're often sold as being suitable for dashcams as they
allegedly stand up better to repeated rewrites.

I also usually go no lower than 32GB on the assumption that extra space
means fewer writes over the same sectors...but I could be laughably
wrong about that.