Hi,

I am looking for some inspiration here.

I have several Squeezbox Classics and a Touch and a Duet.  I have a
collection of remotes to go with them.

Those remotes, universally, now have a sticky surface around the keys.
I have tried isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) without much success in
removing the sticky surface.

There appears to be a complete breakdown in the suface of the remotes,
in fact you can almost scrape the surface off with finger nails.

Yes, I know I can use my mobile phone, or Muso, or Squeezer, or Orange
Squeeze dependant on what I use to control the system, but it's a shame
the actual remotes are now becoming so sticky as to make them almost
useless.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a way of curing the
stickiness and of course the debris it attracts.  I have also noted the
rear of the Touch is going the same way.

Any suggestion would be of assistance, otherwise I will have to dispose
of the remotes, that actually still work, but are awful to use.  The
Touch is still in daily use and hopefully will stay that way!