I used to use LMS 7.7.6-116 from the Synology package, and after posting
here,  I am now using LMS 7.9.1-168 from the beta packages list. My
Squeezeplay.exe is 7.6.2 built October 18, 2012. The skipping of tracks
is still there. So I'm suspecting it may be a Squeezeplay issue, or at
least I would like to see the Squeezeplay logs.

Looking at the source code there is a possibililty to log, but that
seems to be disabled on the Windows build. I got the source from Github,
but getting that to build with VS 2019 needs work.