itm wrote:
> Thanks for that. I've heard people say that the STR-DN1080 has some
> annoying bugs - e.g. unwanted menus popping up when switching sources,
> losing internet connection every time the amp resumes from standby,...
> Have you noticed any issues with it?

Can't say I have seen those issues but I hard wire all devices like this
(WiFi for something fixed is just a pain) so that may mean I have not
seen the network issues.

Menus popping up? Nope, only the usual poorly setup HDMI CEC stuff on
TV's casing issues, but that is common to any amp that tries to support
it. I just turn it off. No odd menus jumping up. To be honest, once you
have it setup I suspect you will just turn off most of the OSD stuff in
day to day use ;).

Also use a Harmony setup so I may not be your most common user but I
have been very happy with it for the ££'s.