mherger wrote:
> >LMS will continue to work. But some of the music services will
> disappear, like eg. TIDAL. Until somebody comes up with an alternative
> implementation.
>
> --
>
> Michael

Perhaps the most troubling part of this is that these forums will
disappear when Logitech pulls the plug. So will the wiki and any other
information sources still on slimdevices.com. I think the loss of all
that knowledge will be far more serious than the shutdown of
mysqueezebox.com.

Not quite ten years ago, as the old Nokia phone division was falling
apart (prior to its "rescue" by Microsoft), it shut down its line of
experimental, Linux-based smartphones. But before it pulled the plug on
the website at maemo.org, some very dedicated users managed to put
together a volunteer organization to take over the website, and it's
still online today. It's not exactly a hive of activity, but I just
checked it out for the first time in many years, and I see current posts
in the forum there.

Should we be thinking about attempting something similar?

LMS (recent) running on Debian X86_64; 5 Squeezelite players (3 in
PiCorePlayer), 3 players connected via Airplay Bridge
1 Squeezebox Radio (upgraded UE Smart Radio) now mostly retired