Paul Webster wrote:
> I'm an occasional podcast listener but have found that I tend to listen
> using my phone more than I do with LMS.
> A couple of reasons:
>
> 1) One of the podcasts I listen to is around 45 minutes but I never get
> to hear the end when listening via LMS.
> This is an issue that has been discussed here before and is almost
> certainly because the remote server decides that LMS has gone away and
> takes down the connection (LMS treats the source like a radio stream but
> the podcast server expects the remote user to download the show quickly
> and listen offline)
> 2) LMS does not mark the shows as played so when listening only
> occasionally it is easy to forget which ones have been heard before so I
> end up listening to the start of a previously heard one again
> 3) I tend to think of listening to podcasts when I am out and about by
> myself travelling to or from somewhere ... not near LMS

I still very much like to use LMS for podcasts.
I agree however, that item 1) from the above list from Paul is VERY
annoying!
And it is so hard to consistently replicate.... Sometimes it plays just
for some minutes, sometimes 1/2 hour, sometimes all....
I was hoping that there is light at the end of the tunnel, when
@philippe_44 fixed something for the Radio Paradise Plugin, which
sounded it could maybe apply for this Podcast issue as well.
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108189-Announce-Radio-Paradise-Lossless-Streaming-(Plugin-v2)&p=958160&viewfull=1#post958160
but there was no real follow up.

I still hope that at some point this can be fixed.
(The download 'band-aid' proposed in aboves thread is no solution for me
due to my LMS setup...)