Hello, I have had a problem with my amplifier, in that the left hand
speaker has been fading / losing volume in a freq range which makes the
top end sound tingy and thin. The speakers are fairly new, so I'm hoping
that isn't the problem, and the amp is very good but quite old.

However, I also have an equaliser. I've detached the equaliser and
currently running the amp and speakers without it. I think the EQ
slightly improves the sound, to my ears. Maybe I can get used to not
using it, but if nothing goes wrong and I leave the set up as it is,
what is the best way to connect the squeezebox to my amp ?

I've got it set on CD, but wondering if phono might give it a deeper
sound, but I don't want to blow the speakers ???