Today I tried to add a laptop to my lan and it was failing to get a dhcp
address ("address already in use" errors)...

Investigation leads me to find that one of my SB3's is sitting on an
extra address, and neither the s/w side of the SB3 nor the DHCP server
displays it.

What do I mean?  The dhcp server shows ip addy 100 leased to the SB3
(i.e. to it's mac address).  The home/player setting page shows the
same thing:
Player Firmware Version: 28
The IP address for this player is: 192.168.0.100:33373
The ethernet MAC address for this player is: 00:04:20:06:03:16
Wireless Signal Strength: 62%

But the SB3 is _also_ sitting on 192.168.0.106
(responds to pings, sniffer shows same mac address as above, turning
off SB breaks ping)

Bouncing the SB3 shows it reclaiming its proper 100 adress in the dhcp
log, but no mention of the 106 address.

Sorry if I missed this in the docs, but:

1. Does each SBx need two ip addresses?  What's the second one for?
2. Can I get the device to let go of the 106 address or does it need it
for internet radio or something?
3. I don't have dhcp logs going back far enough to show whether or not
106 was ever leased to the SB3 or not. Is there any other way it could
have grabbed this IP?

all clues appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan