I have four Unifi AP-Lite's and the Wi-Fi is rock solid. Running 2 x
Boom's, Radio, 3x SB3's and Transporter.

What version of UAP firmware are you using? The most stable is 4.0.66
and some of the later releases have caused various connectivity
problems. We are waiting on V4.3.8 which is at the release candidate
stage but I will not be upgrading until it is released as 'stable' and
user comments on the user Forum are positive. The Unifi Controller
dashboard should give you all the diagnostics you need to figure out
what is going on. In the meantime I suggest you downgrade to 4.0.66 f/w.