Hi Joe

I've read your blog posts on the main VFD replacement and the diode fix,
and must say that they are very nicely written - clear, detailed, and
well illustrated.  I have quite a collection of Booms and I expect to
take on one or other of these jobs in the near future.

As a point of interest though, can you explain a detail that I don't
quite understand?  You have explained that the variable voltage on the
right side is intended as a way to control the display brightness, but
you also say that it remains possible to vary the brightness even after
your diode fix, which I understand creates a fixed voltage drop.  Do you
know how the brightness remains variable even with this constant voltage
drop?