Redrum wrote:
> as toby10 said, it's up to the new owner to register it. Even after a
> factory reset it still lists your email as the registered owner, and
> offers an opportunity to change it. I have given a few away to friends
> and even though reset it, when I set it up for my friend it still list
> me, but I register it to the new owner. In fact, I gave a duet to a
> friend once and it didn't wotk for him, so he gave it back. I reset it,
> it was still registered to him,and I reregistered it back to me.
>
> However, I wonder what would happen if you logged into mysqueezebox.com
> and deleted the player? I wonder if that is where a factory reset player
> is getting it's "registered owner" from?
>
> Jim

I don't have the option to delete it, that option is grayed out. I can
click the button to disconnect it, but even after the confirmation
dialogue nothing further happens.

I'm tempted at this point to just delete the account. That would likely
force the new owner to register it with their own email address.