d6jg wrote:

> I assume when we say genres=Rock,Reggae we mean where genres is either
> Rock or Reggae - would it be possible to extend the function and do
> something like this
>
> randomplay://tracks?genres=Rock,Reggae&genres!=Christmas
>
> where != means does not equal
>
> I suspect I am not alone in using multi tagging for genres.

A recent mention of this thread elsewhere sent me back here, and I noted
this question. Did you ever find a way to achieve this?

I think you're saying you want to generate a list that picks from files
tagged either Rock or Reggae, but not if one of the other genre tags is
Christmas. That's very similar to what I've been trying to do, so far
without success. Erland's Dynamic Playlists plugin can do this, but it
is not compatible with online music.

LMS 8 nightly; 3 Squeezelite players connected by powerline ethernet; 5
wireless players connected via Airplay Bridge; 1 SqueezeAmp player
no high-end or esoteric audio gear
1 Squeezebox Radio (upgraded UE Smart Radio) now mostly retired