Stuart Cooper Wrote:
> We ship to Ireland - although Rep of Ireland costs the same as mainland
> Europe with DHL (approx £35) - Northern Ireland is our standard free
> delivery on Squeezebox. If you'd like to buy one from us, and you're in
> RoI,
> you can order online and choose the EU Delivery option.
>
> Would you really prefer to deal with the faceless Amazon, rather than
> company that knows the product and can help you with technical and
> pre-sales
> queries? You won't see them generating interest and championing the
> product
> in the UK or anywhere else. I've had the Squeezebox on CH5's Gadget
> Show and
> reviewed in a number of magazines; I also made the first contact with
> Radio
> IO and Radio Paradise, although initially neither were particularly
> interested - now RadioIO is a part of the interface!
>
> With regard to eBay, we've had more than one call from customers
> who've
> purchased an SB2 from eBay only to discover it was an SB1 on arrival.
> Doh!
>
> Stuart.
> www.multitask-computing.co.uk
>
> P.S. Will ask my missus if she thinks I'm a "bedroom bandit" - am
> expecting
> laughter sadly. :-(

Stuart,

1. I went to your website and got excited when I found SB2 wired
listed. I clicked on it and got "NO LONGER AVAILABLE - NOW REPLACED BY
NEW SQUEEZEBOX".
If its no longer available why bloody list it???

Not a good start.

2. How on earth can you charge £35 to send it less than 150 miles south
of the Northern Ireland UK Border?

3. I would prefer to deal with the "faceless Amazon" as you put it
because I can go to their website, order it, have it turn up within 48
hours without any fuss. I mean, I've been looking to buy (Credit card
waiting) for the best part of a month now. How bloody difficult should
it be to buy the product?

I'm not having a personal dig at you Stu and forgive me if my tone
comes across that way. I am just very VERY frustrated.

--
Orb