Gingermagic wrote:
> I ordered my first Joggler, from eBay, earlier. :-)
>
> If it lives up to expectations, I may by a few.
>
> If not, I may go down the raspberry and touch screen route.
>
> In the mean time, I'm focussing on getting all of out phones working
> better with my current slim devices.
>
> Do you guys tend to use the 'Material UI' thing that has been mentioned,
> rather than iPeng (which is the best app I've found previously)?
>
> Thanks,
> Damian

What are you planning to do with the Joggler?

If you flash it with SqueezeOS - Google “Birds Like Wires” - it can then
be either a now playing / control point for another SB player or a
player / controller in its own right.

If you intend to use as a player be aware that the analogue sound isn’t
HiFi. It’s ok for radio etc but not serious listening. If you want to
upgrade it sonically then an inline USB DAC will boost it significantly.
You don’t need anything expensive to achieve a jump up the scale but
because it’s an old piece of hardware I don’t think the Joggler is
capable of delivering more than 16/48kHz to the DAC. Someone will
correct me if I’m wrong.
If you go the USB DAC route then a sensible £3 add on is a right angle
USB adapter. You’ll see why.

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3  -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom* - SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s +
Pioneer ceiling speakers
*Guest Room* - Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS