Viragored wrote:
> Sorry to be late to this discussion: My experience with the flaky rural
> power supplies where I live that often break leads me to believe the
> issues I get, similar to the original poster, are because the router is
> slow to start working when the power comes back on.
> When the power is back, LMS might work or it might not. Even if it
> works, it won't find internet radio stations. The Sony smart TV also
> suffers, it appears on the network but the built-in Chromecast doesn't
> broadcast itself as available and the TV's status says "Ethernet not
> connected". My Pis are all quick to reboot, the TV is slower, but the
> router is the slowest of the lot.
> My solution, on the days I remember to do it, is when the power dies to
> switch off at the wall the Pi running LMS and the TV. Some time after
> the power is restored, I switch these devices back on, and all goes
> normally.
> The Pi's SD card has successfully survived one of those really bad power
> resumptions when the power flicks on and off a few times before becoming
> stable again, as well as many others.

This is similar to my situation. Utility power that fails frequently,
when it is restored LMS on the pCP not working. When I had the LMS data
on my attached HDD, on power restore pCP would not find the HDD, so it
could not run LMS (at least that was my assumption). I had to go into
pCP UI and unmount and mount the HDD, then start LMS. Since then I have
been told you can extend the time that pCP waits for HDD spin up, maybe
that would have helped, didn't try it.

I have since moved the LMS data to the SD, on a third partition. When
the power restores, LMS isn't running, but I simply have to restart pCP
from the UI, so it's a fairly easy restore that I can live with it.

But I can't help but think that it has something to do with the fact
that the router/internet is slow to come on line on power restore, and
pCP can't find it initially. I say this because this never happened with
LMS on Windows, but we all know that Windows boots slooooowly, so the
router/internet was likely available.

To the thread, my SD has survived maybe 10 power cuts while LMS was
playing.
Jim