bpa wrote:
> My guess.
>
> In SB1 it was done in hardware (as well as treble and Bass)
>
> As SB2/3 etc. didn't have h/w balance (s/w decoding helped flexibilty in
> adding new codecs) - might have been considered unnecessary as at the
> time, many amps probably had a balance control.

So, knowing that there is a gainL and gainR in slimproto, shall we add a
balance option in audio? I think that could be easy, just a -N..N cursor
then I would apply a scale down factor on gainL or gainR depending on
that cursor (0 => no change, N => factor=0 on gainL, -N => factor=0 on
gainR)

LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet,
1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000,
ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,
Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3