d6jg wrote:
> Are you saying that “sophomore project” isn’t pretentious in certain
> quarters? I take the view that just because you know what something
> means that’s no reason to use it constantly when there are more
> generally accepted and simpler alternatives available.
> BTW sophomore project isn’t the only example it’s just a particularly
> annoying one (to me).
>
> Yours faithfully,
> Grumpy old git
> Cheshire, UK

Yep, that is what I'm saying.  It is not heard as pretentious in my
view, nor by the folks I hang out with.  It's not an expression that is
used constantly, but often enough that it's not unusual at all.

Rg

System information
Main: RPI4B/PiCorePlayer/LMS> RPI4B/piCoreplayer/Squeezelite > USB>RME
ADI-2 DAC > Benchmark AHB2 > Revel Performa F208 speakers, 2X REL R-305
subs.

Home Theatre:  RPI4 B/HifiBerry Dac+ Pro>Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5
Classic 5.1.

LMS  8.1.2 - 1612773843  on RPI4B with 1tb Samsung T5 SSD.