cjfreitag wrote:
> Here is a general question based on issues I had with a plugin. Would I
> be better off having static IP addresses for my Squeezeboxes? My overall
> setting is for dynamic addresses and I don't see that causing me any
> problems. But are there advantages to making the change to static on a
> by-device basis?

I just assign a static address to my LMS Server. It's always been and
stayed the same so I can always remember. It's just easier for me and
the Sboxen to remember the same address.

The Sboxen get their own dynamically via DHCP, hasn't been an issue for
many years (also I seem to recall many, many years back I did assign
them static addresses too - or rather, the DHCP server kept them the
same).

...pablo
Server: Win10 and LMS 8.1.0
System: SB Touch --optical->- Benchmark DAC2HGC --AnalysisPlus Oval
Copper XLR->- NAD M22 Power Amp --AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval->- KEF
Reference 1
Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem
DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
Computer audio: workstation --USB->- audioengine D1 -> Grado RS1/Shure
1540