I'm checking here to see if anyone else is having problems with their
Terastation and Slimserver 6.2.x installs.

Ever since I installed Slimserver on my Terastation the whole NAS
crashes at least once a day.  Every time this happens the Terasation
spends the next 10 hours rebuilding/rescaning the RAID array. I've not
been able to correlate any specific reason for the crash.  Sometimes it
crashes as soon as I start playing a song other times is crashes when I
am browsing my music library with the Slimserver web interface. Always
Slimserver locks up, then the Terastation locks up then the Terastation
reboots and begins rebuilding the RAID array.

I have 3 Squeezeboxes on order and am just about to throw in the towel
on this whole idea.  I dont mind Slimserver crashing but I can't loose
my NAS for 10 hours a day while it rescans and rebuilds the RAID array.
I also don't have the time to continue to troubleshoot the system.

I shut Slimserver down after the last crash a few days ago and the
Terastation has not had a single problem in that time.  I have
forwarded all my logs to Kevin but I can't find a single error message
in any of them.  I've spent a lot of time reading the ReadyNAS forums
and it seems many users have similar lockups using that device and the
Infrant supported version of Slimserver.

Is anyone else with a Terastation having these issues?

--
avalonpb