mherger wrote:

> Direct, immediate control.
>
> I have a piCoreController with a 7" touch display on my desk to control
>
> my SB. No need to bring up an app on a tablet or phone which is in the
> other corner of the house all the time. It just sits there were I am,
> always shows the music information, ready to be used to change volume or
>
> music, and the kids won't take it away. A volume change or the pause
> button is just one touch away.

So, you build this PiCoreController with 7" touch display by your own?
And SB means Squeezebox (Radio,......?)

As of the great material skin and everyone in the house has always a
phone with them (in contrary to you), a fixed 7" on a desk where a SB
Radio is also located (in my case) seems to be not needed. A Touchscreen
with a Raspi which would replace a SB Radio, this could be appealing for
me, but i'm not able to build this by myself.