brentano wrote:
> It worked this time I can see it.
> Regarding not needing a new SD card, when I was stuffing around
> installing PiCoreplayer and getting all them Errors, when I tried to do
> it again with the same SD card it told me not enough room on SD card and
> that was on 32GIG and 64GIG cards its now on a 128GIG SD card.
>
> The Folder on the USB drive that contains my music including many
> sub-folders is Named: mymusic

I've no idea where you're up to ATM but I've set out simple instructions
below starting with a freshly formatted 16GB micro SD card. I'll leave
it up to you how you get to this point.

Burn pCP 7.0.0 to a new or freshly re-formatted 16GB SD card.

Insert card, attach network cable & USB drive to Pi.

Power up Pi.

Find IP address of Pi and enter it into a web browser address bar, and
press enter.

"*Main page*", scroll down to bottom of page and click the "*Beta tab*",
dismiss warning.

"*Main page*", Click "*Resize FS*", select 2000MB (minimum if installing
LMS) from dropdown box.

Click "*Resize*", (takes a couple of minutes).

*"Tweaks" page* "*Host Name*" you can keep pCP or rename, I renamed to
pCPdemo, press "*Save*". (Reboot).

*"LMS" page*, under "*Install and enable additional file systems*",
click "*Install*".

*"LMS" page*, under "*Set Network DisK Mount*", enter a name, this can
be anything you like, it's just an identifier, keep it simple, I entered
"*demo*". Tick the "*Enabled*" box. click "*Set USB Mount*".

34298

*"LMS" page*, click "*Install LMS*". Once installed click "*Start LMS*",
if started you should see a green tick and LMS is running. (At the time
of writing this installs LMS v8.1.1).

*"LMS" page*, click "*Configure LMS*", this may or may not open at a
"Wizard", mine didn't, it opened at the "*Basic settigs*" tab.

Enter the path to your music files on the USB drive by clicking the
"*Browse*" button alongside Media Folder".

In the pop-up window, expand "*mnt*", expand "*demo*", select your music
files folder. This will enter the correct path into the media folder
box, no need to type anything, close the pop-up window.

Repeat for playlist folder if needed, or leave blank.

Click the "Rescan" button,

34299

Click the "*Scanning - View Progress link*".

34302

That's it.

It's simple! :)

|Filename: demo03.jpg                                               |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34302|

*Server - LMS 8.2.0 *Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library,
playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
*Study -* Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/AlloBoss DAC HAT/Ruark MR1 Mk2
*Lounge* - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
*Dining Room* - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
*Garage* - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

*Spares* - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi