cliveb wrote:
> Could be a dying power supply. When the voltage starts dropping,
> squeezeboxes can behave in all sorts of weird ways. Dead PSUs are one of
> the commonest failures.
> (Note that measuring the PSU voltage without any load won't tell you
> anything - the voltage only drops when the device is pulling current).

Thank you very much for all the helpful suggestions, I did try them all
before sent the post but to no avail.  Today the unit stopped completely
and the screen will no longer power up. I did find a blog called Joes
Technology

https://joes-tech-blog.blogspot.com/2018/11/logitech-slimdevices-squeezebox-classic.html
https://joes-tech-blog.blogspot.com/2019/12/logitech-slimdevices-squeezebox-classic.html

Reading through the checks I can see that the led for the toslink is
still dimly alight so there must be power getting to the board, but it
sounds like its probably beyond my capabilities at this point. I may try
to dissemble it, clean and reset the boards, as I don't really have
anything to loose .

Steve