Please help a very confused person out.

I've been using Squeezeboxes for years and currently have what seems to
be a rock-solid system running two Touches, two Receivers, two Booms and
two Radios based on a ReadyNAS 102 running LMS 7.9.0.

My daughter has asked to see if we can incorporate Spotify hence me
revisting these forums today. Having got lost in the discussions for a
while and trying to bring myself a little more up to date, I like the
sound of LMS 8 (and am eternally grateful to the folks who are keeping
LMS alive) but I've literally no idea if this is something I can use on
my system.

I can't seem to find an idiot's guide - would anyone be able to tell me
if v8 is an option for my system and if so, which of the downloads I
should be looking at here:
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=8.2 ?

Many thanks for any advice, links or other pointers.