I've had various attempts with Squeezeserver and linux over the last two
decades, none of them successful and all of which took up shed loads of
my time. So I'm not going there.
Next step for me is likely to be with be Polyvector's DAC32 Gateway (and
yes, I know it's Linux), when the price for 1tb SD cards comes down....

Anyway. I tried so it by just copying over server.prefs and the
castbridge and upnpbridge config files but it wasn't successful and led
to a bit of a mess. Copying over the whole of C:\Program Data\Squeezebox
was though and now I'm good to go.

Thanks.

Take care of your tongue. It is in a wet place and can easily slip.