anglecard48 wrote:
> I'm beginning to get worn out.
>
> I've been at it for a good three-plus hours. I've gotten as far as "Find
> IP address of Pi and enter it into a web browser address bar on your
> laptop and press enter." I've done that but nothing happens. I think
> maybe I don't really have the Raspberry Pi's IP address.
>
> When i run an ethernet cable from the Raspberry Pi to my PC and go to >
> Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Sharing Center I see my
> usual network and I see "Unidentified Network," which shows Ethernet
> connection and shows No Internet Access. I can get information on this
> connection including an IP address, which is what I used as described
> above. But apparently this is not the Raspberry Pi' IP address.
>
> I've wired the Raspberry Pi via ethernet into our router but it doesn't
> show up as a connected device on our network. My good old Squeezebox
> Boom and Squeezebox Radio show up.
>
> The Raspberry Pi seems fine the lights come on showing that it is
> connected to at electrical and ethernet sockets.
>
> I thought maybe my download and copy the PicorePlayer onto the microSD
> card was faulty to I redid it twice, once on my Windows PC and once on
> the Mac. Same results. The install seemed to have been fine. At least it
> looked that way.
>
> I'm out of ideas as to what to do next. I think I'll put an LP on the
> turntable.
>
> My motivation to keep going is that a) I am a glutton for punishment;
> and b) I couldn't get my Duet to work yesterday or this morning, so I
> need this Raspberry Pi idea to work.
>
> Any advice?

Are you extracting the files fronm the pCP  downloaded .zip folder?

You do understand what we mean by *burn* the pCP.img file to your SD
card? You're not just coying it onto the SD card?

*Server - LMS 8.2.0 *Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library,
playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
*Study -* Pi4/pCP 7.0.1/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
*Lounge* - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
*Dining Room* - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
*Garage* - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

*Spares* - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi