I am truly an idiot.

I am now looking at the piCorePlayer that's installed on an SD card I
burned and is inserted in my Raspberry Pi. See screen shot for
verification.

Yesterday, when I had bothered all of you generous people saying I could
not connect the RPi to my network and hooking up an HDMI monitor did not
solve the problem, I had omitted one very important step. I had not
connected the RPi to my router.

What I did when I received the micro HDMI cable is I excitedly took my
RPi and SD card to my most accessible TV and plugged it in and saw no
connection in the display text. I tried other cards and no card with the
same result. I thought I would see there a url with the RPi's network
address.

I had mistakenly understood that the RPi / piCorePlayer somehow would
have a network address, I guess, imbedded or maybe it would
automatically connect wirelessly. I had previously, as you know, tried
to connect RPi to my network by ethernet cables into router sockets but
with no HDMI display and could not see it on my list of devices
connected to my network.

Last night I shot upright in bed at 2:38 a.m. thinking what if the
network address is only accessed if the device is plugged in - via
ethernet - to the network? In other words it isn't something imbedded or
gotten via a wireless connection. I should have taken the TV to the
router and RPi not the RPi to the TV.

So, this morning I took the smallest TV in the house to the router,
hooked up RPi with SD card to the TV, ethernet to router, and turned all
on and viola.

I feel like a complete halfwit. I apologize to you all. My wife has
reminded me for many years that I am the kind of person who has to have
everything clearly spelled out. I always assumed she was just talking
about things that she told me to do, to which I didn't give my full
attention. No, I am thick.

Be that as it may, I can now move on to the step: "Main page", scroll
down to bottom of page and click the "Beta tab", dismiss warning." as
kidstypike instructed way back at the beginning of this fiasco. I hope
all goes smoothly now.

Again, please accept my apologize and my gratitude.

|Filename: Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 7.11.50 AM.png                 |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35193|