Mark Lanctot Wrote:
> How long does it take for New Music to show up in New Music?
The way New Music works, if I understand correcly, is that it looks at
the files' last modified date/time sorts into descending order. If
you're adding new music that actually has old timestamps on the files,
then they will be listed according to the timestamp, not when you've
added the files to the library.

I tend to tag music immediately before adding it to my library.  This
alters the last modified date and therefore causes the music to show up
in New Music in pretty much the order that I've added the files to the
server.  If I retag some old files, though, they also get floated to
the top of the New Music.

If you don't want to mess with the tags in order to alter the files'
timestamps, look for a software utility commonly called "touch" that
gives you the ability to just change the file date/time.

--
JJZolx

Jim