kolepard Wrote:
> Is this if it is the slimserver is running on the ReadyNAS, or if
> SlimServer is accessing files stored there (and itself is running on
> another machine)?
Slimserver running on the ReadyNAS.  I tried this back in August with
the ReadyNAS "firmware" and their version of Slimserver available at
that time.  Even with 1 gig of ram in the ReadyNAS, the interface (web,
SqueezeBox+Remote) was so slow as to be unusable.  And library scanning
took forever (again, with >15k tracks.)  That said, Infrant's
distribution of 6.2.1 now available might do better.

For me, the real drawbacks of trying to run Slimserver on Infrant's
hardware are:

1).  It's not really open source any more.  You can't make a mod to
Slimserver and install it on a ReadyNAS.  You have to use their
version.
2).  You can't use any non-stock plug-ins.
3).  You can't use any audio formats that require transcoding.

--
gharris999