alfista wrote:
> Failing power supplies is perhaps one of the most common causes of
> "dead" Squeezeboxes, and it's definitely the right place to start, but
> there is a little caveat when it comes to testing.
> If you decide to test the power supply by measuring voltage, please note
> that it must be connected to the Squeezebox. Measuring without anything
> connected could give a perfectly good level, but once it has to drive
> the Squeezebox it may buckle.

Amen.

Today my bedroom Squeezebox Boom seemed to fail. Switched power supply.
Works like a charm. To me it has always been the darn power supplies. I
wonder how many people have assumed their squeezeboxen are "dead" and
acted drastically, when in fact it was just a failing power supply.

...pablo
Server: Win10 and LMS 8.2.0
System: SB Touch --optical->- Benchmark DAC2HGC --AnalysisPlus Oval
Copper XLR->- NAD M22 Power Amp --AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval->- KEF
Reference 1
Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem
DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
Computer audio: workstation --USB->- audioengine D1 -> Grado RS1/Shure
1540