Redrum wrote:
> Hi Jim;
>
> Listening and enjoying extensively since you recruited us. I am
> wondering how you got a hold of my collection though :)
>
> I am wondering if you are interested on observations regarding content
> and your song selection algorithms If no, please ignore...I noticed a
> couple of things:
>
> 1) Same artists occur multiple times within a few hours. Yesterday it
> was McCartney and Dylan, and <I have forgotten>. McCartney was 3 times
> in, say 3 hours. Maybe it was because of solo vs Wings.
> 2) I like the genre segments, but seems to dwell in one for a quite a
> while. There was a jazz/fusion segment a couple days ago (Miles Davis,
> Weather Report, etc) that lasted a long time. The day after it was
> Disco/Funk/Soul. I wonder if someone might tune in, listen for a while,
> and not realize how diverse your station is and think "oh, this is a
> Jazz station" Don't get me wrong I LOVE hearting all of it. I was part
> of the "Disco Sucks" group when I was younger, but have grown to
> appreciate it
>
> I think my previous comment about you liking clapton :) was a combo of
> the above. It was in a blue segment, and selected Clapton solo, Derek
> and the Dominos (a fav), Clapton and BB King, Blind Faith.
>
> Finally, I heard Arzachel...wow! I don't think I have ever heard that on
> internet radio. Hawkwind maybe :D I really enjoyed hearing that again. I
> have it on vinyl....somewhere....
>
> Thanks again for some great listening
> Jim

At the moment while in test mode itÂ’s a random genre based mix where
sometimes I manually change from rock to jazz to soul etc
When live it will be manually curated more focused playlists
interspersed with more short bits of humour than now.
At the moment we are concentrating on the technical aspects of the
server. It was probably the random playlist generator that caused the
crash overnight.
I should post an update on the site on this later.

Jim
https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* Joggler & Pi4/Khadas  -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s

*Office* Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
*Dining Room* SB Radio
*Bedroom (Bedside)* Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom* SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s +
Kef ceiling speakers
*Guest Room* Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes