Heuer wrote:
> I have been comparing JR with Radio Paradise and Radio Blues on my
> office system (DAC32 > AE1 Actives) and I am finding the sound somewhat
> compressed and flat. The soundstage seems to be behind the speakers and
> there is a lack of bass compared to the other two streams, both of which
> are very good indeed. Same on our kitchen system (Touch>E30>Arcam
> Solo>Anthony Gallo Micro's+Sub).
>
> Not compared the SQ to my local music as yet.

Yes there is Replay Gain in play.
On the SQ being flatter than local FLACs - part of the audio chain as it
stands is digital to analogue then back to digital. This is the current
situation due to a number of reasons and it’s not going to be the case
long term - which is why I know the SQ can be easily improved.
About 40% of the stuff played is from needle drops at 16/44.1.
On the 50-60 second out of sync cover art up date. At present Paul’s
Radio Now Playing has no means of “timing” the tracks because we don’t
currently provide it. This will be changed in due course so in future
changes will be more accurate.
NB to get cover art you need the Radio Now Playing plugin.

Jim
https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* Joggler & Pi4/Khadas  -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s

*Office* Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
*Dining Room* SB Radio
*Bedroom (Bedside)* Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom* SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s +
Kef ceiling speakers
*Guest Room* Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes