mherger wrote:
> > - a reverse proxy to terminate the SSL connections (e.g. nginx, HA
> > Proxy)
>
> I've been using https://nginxproxymanager.com for a while now.
> Relatively easy to set up (if you have Docker running anyway...), and is
>
> supposed to support Let's Encrypt.

Looks interesting, however seems to be mainly geared to exposing LAN
services to the Internet. Would need integrated DNS proxy / DHCP server
for the full package.
Might be an option for those brave enough to expose LMS to the outside
(as it seems to offer some sort of authentication mechanism)

> That said: LMS will still require port 9000 or whatever in non-encrypted
> way, as the player can't handle https

The encryption part isn't that important to me (if there's someone
capable of reading traffic in my LAN, I have a much bigger problem than
someone playing music at my home), and even less so for audio data.
It's really more convenience / aesthetics (nice urls like
lms.domain.com, no browser warnings, able to use SSL everywhere etc.)

'Various SW' (https://www.nexus0.net/pub/sw/): Web Interface | Text
Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar
Music | Announce | EventTrigger | Ambient Noise Mixer | DB Optimizer |
Image Enhancer | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
'Various HowTos' (https://www.nexus0.net/pub/documents/LMS/): build a
self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...