freelsjd wrote:
> Anyone else in this forum also see the news that Sonos has successfully
> sued Google for patent infringement.  It was over several things, but
> mostly about how Google can pair up speakers and send music through
> speakers wirelessly.
>
> I couldn't help but think that Slimdevices and later Logitech had this
> technology going well before Sonos.  Yet, LMS plays well with Google
> devices and I like being able to cast sound to various devices; even in
> stereo now.

When did Slim Devices introduce device grouping and group volume
control?  The current Sonos patent for this claims that they first filed
in April 2004, and the patent under which they sued Google derives from
that:

"System And Method For Synchronizing Operations Among A Plurality Of
Independently Clocked Digital Data Processing Devices”, filed Apr. 1,
2004"

Full details and history on the subject patent:
https://patents.google.com/patent/US8588949B2/en

Bill