ouch, my brain hurts just reading that.  Can I sue you for my brain damages?

On 11/29/05, Mike Anderson < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

seanadams Wrote:
> A loophole, by definition, is legitimately working around the "spirit"
> of the law.

You've got it backwards. Loopholes are usually thought of as working
around the -letter- of the law, while violating the -spirit- of the
law.

Whether or not that's technically illegal depends on the standards
applied by a court.  In tax law, for example, a structure may follow
the letter of the law, yet still be illegal if it clearly takes
advantage of a loophole in the law that was never intended by the
drafters of the statute.

--
Mike Anderson

'FREE RADICAL