I was using it for a while in one room and the volume had to be cranked
all the way up, and the volume on Audioengine speaker all the way up, to
get a decent level, compared to other SB models.  Moved to a different
room, and now there is no output at all, from either the RCA or phone
jacks.  VU meter bar graphs are active, just nothing coming out.  The
Audioengine speakers require a certain level to turn on, but I thudded
them on by pulling the plug out then in.  Also nothing from pair of
headphones.

I looked at player settings under LMS.  This player, and no other, has
an undocumented setting called "preamp volume".  That must be it, I
thought.  But changing it to any setting, then "apply", does nothing
(this setting is nowhere in the SB menus). Toggling between fixed and
variable output, also no joy.

For years I used this player in my hi fi system with the coaxial DAC
output, so didn't care about the analog audio outputs.  So don't know
how long this low audio problem has been going on.  There was no loss of
bass, when there was output at all, that would indicate a bad coupling
capacitor (or, unlikely, two, simultaneously failed).

Several people on the forums mention "Xilinx reset".  But nowhere does
anyone say how to do this.  Searching this  term only yields suggestions
to do it.  Simultaneous long button presses on the IR remote, maybe, but
this model isn't covered.