jimzak wrote:
> Let it be noted that I had recently done a complete reinstall of Windows
> and LMS.  This startup setting issue was not a setting that had
> mysteriously changed.

I moved LMS to picore a while back, and am no expert on windows, but
have noticed "permission" issues with windows 10 that were not there
initially but came about during an update. This might be what you are
seeing.

Check out this thread, where @gordonb3, and @d6jg mention windows UAC
(User Account Control) -
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?115832-LMS-Has-Stopped-Working-Cannot-Get-It-Working-Again

My permission issues magically appeared after I had to fresh install
windows because of the dreaded "startup repair" loop to nowhere. I
reinstalled freefilesync and all of a sudden got "you don't have
permission to access this folder" even though I was logged in as admin.
I had to explicitly launch ffs via "run as administrator"

Jim