mherger wrote:
> > Feel free to use it, share feedback, ...
>
> The only feedback I'd have would be: make your life easier by using the
>
> json/rpc interface rather than the CLI... It doesn't require a
> persistent telnet style connection, but http. And the responses are well
>
> structured JSON you can easily parse.

Ok, after digging into the details for a while....
I would like to try the cometd way, as it supports subscriptions and
long-polling.
I can handshake, connect, subscribe, request - all of this with
successful replies.

BUT:
I never get a response with the actual content that I requested :mad:

Example:

I make a POST request like:

Code:
--------------------

  [{"channel": "/slim/request",
  "clientId": "a522cace",
  "data": {
  "request": [
  "", [
  "serverstatus",
  0,
  255,

"prefs:ignoredarticles,browseagelimit,noGenreFilter,PLUGIN_TRACKSTAT,audiodir",
"playerprefs:playtrackalbum,digitalVolumeControl"
  ]
  ],
  "response": "/a522cace/slim/request"
  },
  "id": 2
  }]

--------------------

The response is:

Code:

  {'clientId': 'a522cace',
  'id': 2,
  'channel': '/slim/request',
  'successful': True
  }

After that .... silence.
What do I need to do to make the server send the requested content?