have you tried a factory reset?

I would also suggest trying another player, so you can have confidence
it's not your touch, or, you narrow it down to your touch.

I doubt the touch wifi is contributing to your issues, but if you would
like, why not test it on ethernet. I have two touches on wifi, no
issues. The SB radios however have been problematic with the new wifi6
routers.

There is also a community firmware available for the touch. I have zero
experience with it, so I can't help you with it. You could give it a try
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?113479-Announce-Community-Firmware-for-Squeezebox-Radio-Touch-Controller-and-LMS-8&highlight=firmware

I again encourage you to try to isolate your issue to
files/player/server/hard drive/etc... by swapping. It's so much easier
to try to solve the issue. It would be different if this was a common
problem. To my knowledge it hasn't been reported before (?)

Jim