TiredLegs wrote:
> This seems like as good a thread as any to ask my question:
>
> If one of the displays in a Transporter dies, is it feasible to
> cannibalize the display from an SB3 to replace it? That is, can someone
> with reasonable soldering skills remove a functioning display and
> reinstall it in another device without killing it in the process?

Hi there,

well, you could extract a SB3 display and put it in place of a
Transporter's display, they are identical. But I would consider it a big
sacrifice too big to kill a working SB3 just for a display that is
probably not really fresh anyway. Even if SB3s are cheap on the used
market, their displays are far from beautiful in most cases.
For people in the U.S. there is a great alternative in buying a
brand-new front panel PCB from eBay seller *hotdogtec *here:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/362191359449
It's two new displays and no soldering required. As long as the supply
lasts that is the cheapest and fastest option.
I am offering the MN32032A display which is needed twice for a
Transporter for 78.00 EUR per piece plus shipping.
It is definitely recommended to change both displays at a time, only
replacing one of both will reveal heavy differences in brightness
between the old and the new one, no matter how little they have been
used.

Cheers,
Joe

PN me if your Boom / Classic / Transporter display has issues!

Blog:
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?rinli=1&pli=1&blogID=5053304027701850753#allposts