Over the years I have collected a large-ish amount of Squeezebox
hardware - about 10 booms, 1 * SB2 (original device I started with -
still going, albeit with the case being a bit sticky these days!), and
about 10 SB3/SB Classics)

Of these, I have about 4 or 5 SB3s that are not working, and couple
booms.  One definitely has a dead screen (was dropped, and I watched the
screen fade away very soon after) - but the rest all just failed in
non-specific ways (e.g. have dim red lights in the optical port).  There
was a bit of a rash of these recently.  I suspect the capacitors are
just dying of old age.

I also have two dead booms. And another few booms could probably do with
new screens.  Probably half the booms could do with the speaker
re-foaming too.

So all in all, quite a lot of hardware well past its prime and looking
for some love.  If I lived anywhere in Europe, of course I'd send them
all to Joe of the famous
https://joes-tech-blog.blogspot.com/2018/11/logitech-slimdevices-squeezebox-classic.html
etc.  But realistically form Australia, I think the shipping will kill
me - although I am still tempted.

I don't suppose anyone knows of an Aus. resource anything like Joe -
even if they are not SB experts, just very good general electronics
repairers?  As I continue to adore the ecosystem and resist
alternatives, I'd be willing to spend several hundred on all the
refurbishments (more if I get all the boom speakers fixed too)?

(I have at least some skills, but soldering/electronics is not really
amongst them, unfortunately.  I'd certainly not trust any SB hardware to
my dodgy soldering attempts...)